The easiest way to get started with LodgeiT if you are a tax agent is to watch this 4 minute video guide.
By adopting LodgeiT and our suggested processes, you will be joining a growing legion of firms who enjoy the benefits of significantly enhanced compliance automation and the associated benefits of time-savings and higher quality data production.
To get started with LodgeiT, we suggest the following approach:
Click here to watch a 10 minute video.
STEP 1: Sign-up to LodgeiT through this link and save the URL for easy access.
Click here to learn how to use QBO Credentials to Sign-in to LodgeiT.
Click here to watch the video on how to get started as a tax agent.
STEP 2: You’ll need a mobile phone for the next step, code verification will be sent to proceed and authenticate.
Be sure to switch from text reminders to Google 2FA for a superior user experience.
Make sure to select the correct entity type –
Note that for “Entity Type : Individual ” you will be automatically listed as one of your client’s in LodgeiT.
(Visit this article if your tax practice operates as a “Company”)
STEP 3: You’ll be encouraged to work your way through our basic induction process.
Click here to watch the video about the process that will help you work your way through the guide.
Click below links to know more about the detailed process –
– Connect LodgeiT to ATO
– Complete Details
– Add Related Entities / Adding Client
– Define Clients’ Relationship
– Import Financials
– Creating a Tax Return
Additional steps you may want to consider:
Adding team member
Configuring the system for your team. Remember, with LodgeiT we don’t care how many team members you have or where they are located.
How to prevent other team members for viewing a form
Once you’ve got your firm started on the LodgeiT Journey, we suggest the following course of action.
Learn how to use the LodgeiT tools including :
Sending forms for client digital signing
Special purpose financial reports
Smart Excel Utility (Excel Report / Financial Import)
Share register Franking Credits
Other tax related reconciliation tools
Share buy/sell tools
Accounts & security
And to ensure seamless compliance processes, consider the following 5 Step Guide
- Buy Skype headsets for your staff & clients/client’s bookkeepers. Provide assistance with their accounting system configuration & maintenance. It will save time in the long run.
- Get all clients onto cloud accounting software. Select software based on their specific needs.
- Help clients with chart of account management and configuration. Train them to give you better quality accounting data.
- Take advantage of the new automation tools and functionality that the LodgeiT team are constantly bringing to the platform.
- Change your billing model to accommodate fixed fee arrangements and collect revenue in 12 equal installments through the year for reoccurring work. Bundle software to make your service offering more compelling and sticky.
The Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step – Lao Tzu