Configuring Client-Sync LodgeiT to QBO is important for invoice purposes, ie client invoices have the same details as are in LodgeiT.
Note: this is uni-directional sync (operating in single direction) i.e. LodgeiT -->QBO.
This video includes:
- How to connect LodgeiT to QBO
- Synchronising client details (changes from LodgeiT sync to QBO)
- Manual connection/mapping of client from QB and LodgeiT.
Ensure that you already connect your LodgeiT firm to QBOA prior to synchronization. Learn more
Note: Sychronization is building relationship between your LodgeiT client and QBO client.
This will update the QBO client with LodgeiT client details when agent change the client's details from LodgeiT Settings.
ie Details like phones, emails, client address, name will be moved from LodgeiT to QBO any time intermediary changes it.
Bear in mind that this is a one way sync only (i.e. LodgeiT -->QBO).
Three different pages for synchronization in LodgeiT:
1. Client Import
2. Client Sync
3. Client Export
1. CLIENT IMPORT
Tick the client that you want to import or copied from QBOA to LodgeiT
Before matching the clients, please make sure to import or leave inactive (by unticking the appropriate checkbox) external accounting system clients on the "Client Import" page.
- Checked clients will be imported from QBO to LodgeiT.
- If checked QBO client has related LodgeiT client it will be linked.
- If checked QBO client has no related LodgeiT client, the new client will be created in LodgeiT, so the user no need to create it manually.
- Unchecked QBO clients will not be imported to LodgeiT and the system will understand it as no action required for this QBO client.
2. CLIENT SYNC - map / unlink existing LodgeiT and QBO clients.
Note: If the relationships is active (checkbox is ticked) it will take clients details from LodgeiT and write it to QBO client details.
Process includes 2 ways on how to sync:
A. Through client "Settings"
B. Through Gear wheel, "Client Sync"
A. From LodgeiT Client Intermediary Settings>General
B. From Synchronization page via Gear wheel > Client Sync
If the box is ticked, mapping will be active.
'Create new client' - will create new client in LodgeiT and it will take client details from QBO then will import it to this new client in LodgeiT.
Note: If client is already in LodgeiT, you just have to type a keyword or first 3 letters and it will show in 'search bar".
Note: If you changed client names in LodgeiT and want to 'trigger syncrhonization' of clients with errors then you need to use the action link, please see below:
- Synchronization runs in background job service, usually it takes few minutes. In order to refresh and get current status it's necessary to reload the page.
- Warning: "disabled for syncronization" - it means that mapping is not active (checkbox is not ticked).
3. CLIENT EXPORT
"Client Export" page is use to select LodgeiT clients that user would want to export to external accounting system (QBO).
Once "Create" button selected, customers will be created in QBO.