Electronic Signing. It is when the user sends an e-signature requests via Lodgeit. (using our thirdparty provider HelloSign)
*For "e-signature" request, you need to purchase signature credits via Gear leaver > Billing
In this article you will learn:
- Process of sending e-signature
- Who will receive the e-signature request?
- E-signature Authenticator
- Save signed copy of files
- Status: Out to Sign
- Client's E-signature view (Review and Sign)
- Status: Signed
- How to CC myself/other team to e-signature request?
- Email address view (Sender)
- Adding additional documents for e-signature
- Related Article
Process of sending e-signature
Make sure that the tax form is in "Completed" status.
Related article: Form Workflow Sequence
Scroll through the bottom page, and press "Send e-signature"
If you don't want to use e-signature, ie you may want to send it manually/download the form, learn more HERE
Review and press the box according to your need-
Click HERE on how to add yourself or a team member as "CC" to the e-signature request.
Who will receive the e-signature request?
LodgeiT always takes the "Primary Contact/Signatory, phone and email". As the "Primary Phone and Email" of the company/trust/partnership/bas not always the same as the signatory person.
Below example shows that the BAS is for "Doe Family Trust", in which "Primary Contact/Signatory" set to "Anna Doe" with incomplete details (ie no email and phone details)
Note that, LodgeiT will pick up the details of Anna Doe from "Anna Doe's" Settings, not to the Settings>Contact Details of the Family Trust.
Make sure to completely fill the individual's details (ie the mobile number is important so you can use the "sms authentication" in sending the e-signature request)
Clients must verify themselves by either SMS code or birthdate on your choice.
*Untick "SMS Authentication" if you are unsure of the active mobile number of the client.
From the security and confidential perspective, the user has nothing to worry about, because no other person can access to the tax return, so only the client who has phone number can view it. As the confirmation the user can check the audit trail for the specific form and check who, when and what actions were made with the form.
Save signed copy of files
Tick the box of "Save signed copy to files" if you want to automatically save a signed tax form through the client's "Files" tab in LodgeiT (see below point #9)
After clicking "Send", e-signature will send to client for signature. (How to change e-signature signatory? Learn more here)
Status: Out to Sign
ITR status will now be "OutToSign", but this stage, status is "awaiting" (awaiting for client to sign the form)
LodgeiT will send an email for your client to sign, they can sign the form either - using desktop/laptop or mobile phone.
Note: If the form is in "Awaiting Status", agent can still cancel or edit the form through clicking the lock icon. Esign link will also cancelled and client can no longer access the given link.
Related Article: Automatic E-sign Reminders
Client's E-signature view (Review and Sign)
This is how the client receives the e-signature request -
1. They need to click "Review & Sign", to navigate them to the signing page.
2. The receiver is required to provide either "SMS code" OR the client "Birthdate" -
Once OTP has been entered the LodgeiT remembers the client for 30min, so it's handy when a client has to sign multiple documents.
Note that, user can also view or download the document via-
3. It will navigate to signing page, they can use either desktop or Mobile handset for signing.
4. Must "click to sign", and start signing.
5. Click "Insert" or "Insert Everywhere"
Here is the view of Signature inserted.
6. Should review thoroughly all the pages that needs signature before clicking "Continue" and "Agree".
7. System will acknowledge the signature.
8. Once they completed signing the form, they will get an email confirming that they have been signed the form.
9. The signed copies will automatically email to the client's inbox and loaded in the client's LodgeiT under "Files". The agent will also receive a notification through their email with an attached document and a link to LodgeiT.
Additionally, you can add a common practice email to receive a copy of all e-sign notifications.
Once, client signed the form, it will now under "Signed" status. User can hover cursor on e-sign status to see who signed the document.
Note: Tax Agent Declaration signature is not actually required, click here to know more about.
How to CC myself/other team to e-signature request?
LodgeiT as Outgoing mail server:
Agents can set a specific list of emails to be always CC'd
For other email provider:
Workaround is to set up "Email Settings". If you are using your own mail server (gmail/microsoft) you can create your own rules (ie auto email forward, email copy for your team member). You will add the rule directly to your email settings.
Note: They only received the copy of the tax return, but unable to sign it.
Email address view (Sender)
Email field "From" will contain agent's firm name.
Below example shows that the client received an email from the tax agent firms "Noble Accounting". Note that this is only available for Google (Gmail) SMTP Provider only
Microsoft always takes the sender's name from user's MS profile.
Adding additional documents for e-signature
Question: Can I attach other document via esign?
Answer: We don't have the feature yet to attach other documents via esign, we advise you to use pdf writer or online ie Nitro.