Client sync is building relationships between your LodgeiT client and 'QuickBooks Online' client, it allows pull/push client between LodgeiT and 'QuickBooks Online'
Note: We always recommend to add client first using LodgeiT.
Connect and sync LodgeiT to 'QuickBooks Online'
We still consider LodgeiT as the master system, make sure that mapping is set.
This is uni-directional sync (operating in a single direction) i.e. LodgeiT --> 'QuickBooks Online'
This will update the 'QuickBooks Online' client with LodgeiT client details when agent changes the client's details from LodgeiT Settings.
ie Details like phones, emails, client address, name will be moved from LodgeiT to 'QuickBooks Online' any time intermediary changes it.
1. Ensure that you already connect your LodgeiT firm to 'QuickBooks Online Accountant' prior to synchronization. Learn more
2. Once the connection has been established, navigate to Gear wheel > Client Sync (This "Client Sync" via gear wheel, will only show if you have an active 'QuickBooks Online' connection)
Make sure to toggle on the "Sync".
4 tabs has its own function:
"In Sync" - Mapping of LodgeiT <-> 'QuickBooks Online' clients has been established.
"Conflict" - Clients that have errors that need to resolve.
"Not in QuickBooks" - Clients that you may want to copy/sync to 'QuickBooks Online' . User can make batch clients export from LodgeiT to 'QuickBooks Online' by click checkboxes in "Not in QuickBooks" tab. The appropriate message will be displayed for the user to confirm the action. Or the user can manually export required entity by clicking "Export to QuickBooks" link in the grid row.
"Not in LodgeiT" - Clients that you may want to copy/sync to LodgeiT.
Once connection is established and synchronization is turned on, the system tries to synchronize 'QuickBooks Online' entities and LodgeiT clients automatically by 100% name and/or email single matching. If the matched entitiy was not found the user could set the mapping manually. The same way it works for export. For all LodgeiT organisations in "Not In QuickBooks" tab there were no similar 'QuickBooks Online' entity found automatically, the user need to export the required ones manually.
"Select client"shows that no Marie Doe exists in LodgeiT
You have to manually add "Marie Doe" via LodgeiT "Add Client"
Once "Marie Doe" has been added in LodgeiT, you can map 'QuickBooks Online' client to LodgeiT client via "Client Sync".
Below image shows that "Marie Doe" is ready for mapping.
Sync based on ABN or TFN
Unfortunately, 'QuickBooks Online' doesn't provide entity ABN/TFN so we cannot sync based on these values. To find the appropriate entity in 'QuickBooks Online' , LodgeiT searches the matching by name and/or email and if it finds 100% single matching - the relationship is set automatically, otherwise when no matching is found or found more than 1 similar entity the user should map it manually.
Client Name in LodgeiT : John Doe
LodgeiT client code : John001
Format of entity name in QuickBooks Online' after synchronization
LodgeiT 'QuickBooks Online'
John Doe => JOHN001 - John Doe
User can make batch clients export from LodgeiT to 'QuickBooks Online' by click checkboxes in "Not in QuickBooks" tab. The appropriate message will be displayed for the user to confirm the action. Or the user can manually export required entity by clicking "Export to QuickBooks" link in the grid row.
- This is uni-directional sync (operating in a single direction) i.e. LodgeiT --> 'QuickBooks Online' (because QuickBooks Online' doesn't share important details, such as entity type or ABN.There is no way for us to determinate if the entity is individual or not. If You think you have multiple clients to sync, best to send us your list excel/csv and we will help you migrate this to LdogeiT, then, you will turn on "Sync" feature in LodgeiT, so the system will automatically map clients. Other clients that have not been mapped the user should to map manually) Guide: Migrate and Sync Clients from Quickbooks and from Other Accounting System in a Single Account in LodgeiT
- The new client that has been added in 'QuickBooks Online' will appear in short time (about 1-2 minutes) in LodgeiT Client Sync under "Not in LodgeiT" tab.
- Auto mapping is ON by default for all intermediaries and it automatically executes once per day in the background process. Also, it triggers every time when user updates entity details.
- The rules of mapper remain the same, it searches unmapped single entity by name first without email and then with email and if single 100% matching is found then mapping is set.
- If user archives in LodgeiT the client that has a mapping to 'QuickBooks Online', then entity from the 'QuickBooks Online' side will also be archived.
- When the mapping is set between LodgeiT and 'QuickBooks Online' entity and user archive client in LodgeiT, the related entity will be archived in 'QuickBooks Online'.
- The synchronization can be turned on/off from the dashboard page, please see the toggle slider above the grid.
- Auto mapping support the scenario when new LodgeiT customers that have no clients can import the client list into LodgeiT, then set the connection to 'QuickBooks Online' practice and click "Synchronize". Most part of entities will be automatically mapped and the remaining part should be mapped by users manually. Navigate to firms "Settings" (gear wheel > Import), tick "Automatically synchronize clients"