Once you've added some clients from a family group i.e. husband & wife, you can move on to define client relationships. This is an important step if you wish for LodgeiT to auto-fill information from husband to wife or from trust to individual as an example.
Relationships are critical for seamless interaction between different forms and entities:
- Directors (signing on financial reports)
- Beneficiaries (profit allocation on financial reports)
- Shareholder information
- Trustee Information
- Spouse relationships ?
- "Start dates and end dates" are important when marriage breakdown or directors leave, but not essential
Adding Director -
Now that the relationship/s is/are established, you can import financials. (Note - you will need to add all relevant clients before you can define relationships.). You will want to import financials in order to auto-produce company, trust, partnership & Individual tax returns, special purpose financial reports and working papers.
- If you make a Setting change in the relationship module AFTER generating SPFR, delete the SPFR and start afresh.
- In case when trustee is a company Lodgeit uses "director" of a company as a signatory. ie, add director to the 'company' in relationships.