In this article
- Uploading your own signature
- Adding a signature for a practice with single owner
- Adding a signature for a practice with multiple owners
- Adding a signature manually
- Modifying default signature text
Uploading your own signature
To upload your signature:
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click Profile, then click Account.
- Under Signature section click Choose Signature File.
- Select a prepared signature image from your device.
Adding a signature for a practice with single owner
If you have only one owner who signs all your financial statements, you can set the owner as a default signatory for your firm.
Signature of the selected person will be automatically added to all newly created financial statements.
To set a default signatory:
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click Gear, then click Settings.
- Open Practice settings.
- Type a name and select the default signatory from the search list.
- Click Save.
Adding a signature for a practice with multiple owners
Currently LodgeiT doesn't support automatic signature insertion into financial statements for practices with multiple owners. You can insert a signature manually on behalf of an owner.
Adding a signature manually
You can insert a signature manually for each financial statement. LodgeiT allows to insert a signature by a preparer on behalf of an owner.
To insert a signature:
- Create new financial statements from a template.
- Open Compilation Report, scroll to the bottom and click Insert Signature on a signature component.
- Select a colleague who signature you are going to insert.
- Click Sign.
- Select a signature date if you need to modify it.
Modifying default signature text
You can modify text under the signature to align with your practice requirements. You can use placeholders, to allow LodgeiT automatically insert your practice name, address and other details, as well as add any additional text you need.
To modify a default signature text:
- Create your own custom template from a predefined financial report template.
- Open Compilation Report, scroll to the bottom and click on the text.
- Remove the predefined text and write your own.
- Use '@' to insert a placeholder.
- Repeat it for each entity type.